Fluid mechanics concerned with the mechanics of fluids like liquids, gases, and plasmas and the forces on applied on them. It can be divided into fluid statics (the study of fluids at rest), and fluid dynamics (the study of the effect of forces on fluid motion). It is a branch of continuum mechanics. Fluid mechanics, especially fluid dynamics, is an active field of research, typically mathematically complex.
1. To provide the fundamental knowledge of fluid, its various properties and behavior under different conditions of internal and external flows.
2. Students will develop the understanding about hydrostatic law, principle of buoyancy and stability of a floating body and application of mass, momentum and energy equation in fluid flow.
3. Students will develop the understanding about the basic laws and equations used for analysis of static and dynamic fluids.
4. Students will develop the understanding about the importance of fluid flow measurement and its applications in Industries.
5. Students will develop the understanding about the fundamentals of Fluid Mechanics, which is used in the applications of Aerodynamics, Hydraulics, Marine Engineering, Gas dynamics etc.