Iron ore as mined, is a combination of iron with oxygen and numerous of other unwanted substances, generally known as "gangue". The process to reduce iron ore to metallic iron is known as Iron Making. This process is carried out in a blast furnace, using coke as both a fuel and reducing agent.
1. Raw materials involve in the process of Iron Making.
2. History and some important facts of Iron Ore.
3. Operations of Blast Furnace and its significance.
4. Slag Formation process and facts in detail.
5. Alternate process or routes of Iron making.