Heat Treatment is the heating and cooling of metals to change their physical and mechanical properties without letting them change their shape. Heat Treatment could be said to be a method for strengthening materials but could also be used to alter some mechanical properties such as improving formability, machining, etc. The module has a different Heat Treatment process that is required to change the physical and chemical properties of metals. The technical e-learning course is designed to enable the student to assess their existing knowledge through a pre-test, followed by laying out the objectives and demonstrating the process through real-life case studies, simulations, and process diagrams. This course is driven with easy to remember blueprints and graphs, making it a memorable learning experience for the candidate. The module takes us through the best heat treatment processes in the industry, demonstrated by TATA Steel's in-house practices.
1. Micro Structure of various phases of Steel.
2. Various processing phases in Heat Treatment of Steel.
3. Phase Transformation Kinetics of Eutectoid steel, Hypo-Eutectoid Steel, Hyper Eutectoid Steel through T-T-T diagram.
4. Continuous Cooling Transformation(CCT) Diagram.
5. Various Heat Treatment Techniques.