Heat Treatment is the heating and cooling of metals to change their physical and mechanical properties without letting it change its shape.
Heat Treatment could be said to be a method for strengthening materials but could also be used to alter some mechanical properties such as improving formability, machining etc. The module has different Heat Treatment process that is required to change the physical and chemical properties of metals.
1. Micro Structure of various phases of Steel.
2. Various processing phases in Heat Treatment of Steel.
3. Phase Transformation Kinetics of Eutectoid steel, Hypo-Eutectoid Steel, Hyper Eutectoid Steel through T-T-T diagram.
4. Continuous Cooling Transformation(CCT) Diagram.
5. Various Heat Treatment Techniques.